Latest Market Data – January 2018 – Records Continue to be Broken
January has been another stellar month for Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™, with a new set of records reached thank you to our customers.
Turquoise Plato™ = all dark services
January 2018 monthly record = €23.4 billions (ADV €1,063m)
Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™
January 2018 monthly value traded via
Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ = € 9.25 billions (ADV €420m)
+22% than prior record October 2017 = € 7.55 billions
More than 5x January 2017 = € 1.70 billions
More than 55x January 2016 = € 0.17 billions
More than 144x January 2015 = € 0.06 billions
Plato Partnership enters Cooperation Agreement with Turquoise
- Agreement formally brings together for the first time buy-side, sell-side and trading venue to deliver increased efficiencies in anonymous European equity block trading
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services as Turquoise Plato™, including the award winning Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ and Turquoise Plato Uncross™
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise Plato™ and co-develop the next generation of anonymous European equity block trading services
Scott Bradley, head of sales and marketing, LSE secondary cash markets and Turquoise, tells TRADE TV about the rise of large-in-scale (LIS) trading on the Turquoise Plato Block Discovery platform.
How does the Cooperation Agreement work?
The Cooperation Agreement works as follows:
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise’s award winning existing block trading services and will use these as the platform from which to deliver further functional enhancements for the benefit of all market participants.
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services, reinforcing the importance which both parties ascribe to their cooperation. The services will now be known as Turquoise Plato™.
- The parties will work closely together and inclusively with the wider buy and sell-side community to develop and validate enhancements to the Turquoise Plato™ market model that set standards for marketplace excellence, including now and future best practice in electronic block trading.
Both the buy-side and sell-side members of Plato Partnership have a common objective to ensure a rational market structure for block trading under MiFID II, and collectively believe this would be best served via collaboration with existing venues.
Turquoise offers a broad universe of 4,300 stocks with uniform access to 19 major European and emerging markets as well as US stocks, IOB Depositary Receipts, ETFs and European Rights issues all through one interface and membership.
Turquoise comprise two discrete order books, Turquoise Integrated Order Book and Turquoise Plato™. Members benefit from access to significant institutional liquidity from our investment bank shareholders and from a diverse list of participants, including global banks and investment firms, institutions with regional focus and specialist trading and market-making firms. Use of existing London Stock Exchange networks, optimal co-location facilities, resources and processes minimises setup and development costs.
Turquoise supports a three-way interoperable clearing model, providing members with flexibility in choosing the most efficient clearing solution for their business. Learn more.