Latest Market Data – September 2017 – Records Continue to be Broken
September has been another stellar month for Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™, with a new set of records reached thank you to our customers.
- Over € 43bn traded since launch, of which 91% since the signing of the Cooperation Agreement with Plato Partnership in Sept 2016.
- €767,000: Average Trade Size for trades above Large In Scale
- €1 million: Average Trade Size for ESMA Band 5 Blue Chips above 100% LIS
2017 has been a breaking record year for Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™
- €435m: Record Daily Value Traded (17 July 2017); which is equivalent to the total value traded during the first 8 months of service
- €1.7bn: Record Weekly Value Traded (11-15 Sept); which is equivalent to the total value traded during the first 17 months of service
€6bn: Record Monthly Value Traded (September 2017); which is equivalent to the total value traded during the first 2 years of service
- €15.5m: Maximum Trade Size
NEW RECORD: Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ monthly value traded above 100% Large In Scale €3.1 billions
Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ customers have matched €43.6bn to end September since launch of service 20 Oct 2014, of which €39.5bn or 91% of total since September 2016 announcement of cooperation with Plato Partnership.
Plato Partnership enters Cooperation Agreement with Turquoise
- Agreement formally brings together for the first time buy-side, sell-side and trading venue to deliver increased efficiencies in anonymous European equity block trading
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services as Turquoise Plato™, including the award winning Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ and Turquoise Plato Uncross™
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise Plato™ and co-develop the next generation of anonymous European equity block trading services
How does the Cooperation Agreement work?
The Cooperation Agreement works as follows:
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise’s award winning existing block trading services and will use these as the platform from which to deliver further functional enhancements for the benefit of all market participants.
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services, reinforcing the importance which both parties ascribe to their cooperation. The services will now be known as Turquoise Plato™.
- The parties will work closely together and inclusively with the wider buy and sell-side community to develop and validate enhancements to the Turquoise Plato™ market model that set standards for marketplace excellence, including now and future best practice in electronic block trading.
Both the buy-side and sell-side members of Plato Partnership have a common objective to ensure a rational market structure for block trading under MiFID II, and collectively believe this would be best served via collaboration with existing venues.
Turquoise offers a broad universe of 4,300 stocks with uniform access to 19 major European and emerging markets as well as US stocks, IOB Depositary Receipts, ETFs and European Rights issues all through one interface and membership.
Turquoise comprise two discrete order books, Turquoise Integrated Order Book and Turquoise Plato™. Members benefit from access to significant institutional liquidity from our investment bank shareholders and from a diverse list of participants, including global banks and investment firms, institutions with regional focus and specialist trading and market-making firms. Use of existing London Stock Exchange networks, optimal co-location facilities, resources and processes minimises setup and development costs.
Turquoise supports a three-way interoperable clearing model, providing members with flexibility in choosing the most efficient clearing solution for their business. Learn more.