Scott Bradley, Turquoise: Large-in-scale and periodic auctions continuing apace
Scott Bradley, head of sales and marketing, LSE secondary cash markets and Turquoise, tells TRADE TV about the rise of large-in-scale (LIS) trading on the Turquoise Plato Block Discovery platform.
Plato Partnership enters Cooperation Agreement with Turquoise
- Agreement formally brings together for the first time buy-side, sell-side and trading venue to deliver increased efficiencies in anonymous European equity block trading
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services as Turquoise Plato™, including the award winning Turquoise Plato Block Discovery™ and Turquoise Plato Uncross™
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise Plato™ and co-develop the next generation of anonymous European equity block trading services
How does the Cooperation Agreement work?
The Cooperation Agreement works as follows:
- Plato Partnership and Turquoise will jointly promote the use of Turquoise’s award winning existing block trading services and will use these as the platform from which to deliver further functional enhancements for the benefit of all market participants.
- Turquoise will rebrand its non-displayed services, reinforcing the importance which both parties ascribe to their cooperation. The services will now be known as Turquoise Plato™.
- The parties will work closely together and inclusively with the wider buy and sell-side community to develop and validate enhancements to the Turquoise Plato™ market model that set standards for marketplace excellence, including now and future best practice in electronic block trading.
Both the buy-side and sell-side members of Plato Partnership have a common objective to ensure a rational market structure for block trading under MiFID II, and collectively believe this would be best served via collaboration with existing venues.