South Kensington Campus, Imperial College London
Thursday, 27th June 2019: All day
This year, we will be joined by Tilman Leuder, the Head of Unit – DG FISMA, Securities Markets at the European Commission as our keynote speaker. Leuder is an expert in financial regulation, delegating on MiFID II, European Long Term Investment Funds, UCITS V and many more.
There will be a panel discussion moderated by Nej D’jelal, Managing Director at Barclays and Sell-Side Chairman of Plato Partnership featuring Christoph Hock, Head Multi-Asset Trading at Union Investment and Buy-Side Chairman of Plato Plato Partnership, Mike Bellaro, CEO of Plato Partnership and former Global Head of Equity Trading at Deutsche Bank, and Dr Robert Barnes CEO of Turquoise.
The day will also see the presentation of selected and invited academic papers with leading academics from around the world discussing their research. Papers presented will include:
- Quasi-dark trading: The effects of banning dark pools in a world of many alternatives by Thomas Johann, Tālis J. Putniņš, Satchit Sagade, and Christian Westheide
- Market Fragmentation, Dissimulation, and the Disclosure of Insider Trades by Giovanni Cespa and Paolo Colla
- Tick Size Wars: Competitive Tick Size Regimes and Trader Behavior by Sean Foley, Tom Grimstvedt Meling and Bernt Arne Ødegaard
- Paying for Market Liquidity: Competition and Incentives by Mario Bellia, Loariana Pelizzon, Marti Subrahmanyam, Jun Uno, and Darya Yuferova
- Large Orders in Small Markets: On Optimal Execution with Endogenous Liquidity Supply by Agostino Capponi, Albert J. Menkveld and Hongzhong Zhang
- Do We Need Electronic Stock Dealers? by Fatemeh Aramian and Lars Nordén
- The benefits of European Periodic Auctions beyond MIFID II Dark trading caps by Paul Besson, Matthieu Lasnier, and Antoine Falck
Register your interest using the link below to save your place!