Plato Partnership are increasing our Buy-side Founder Membership and are inviting EU27 and Swiss buy-side firms to indicate their interest in becoming a Buy-side founder member. The focus on EU 27 and Swiss firms is aimed specifically at increasing Plato’s geographical diversity / reach and engaging with wider European buy side market participants. Representatives of firms interested in becoming a Plato buy-side founder member should be buy-side heads of trading or senior buy-side personnel.
Buy-side firms must meet the following objectively defined eligibility criteria to be considered:
- Headquartered in EU27 and Switzerland. This excludes UK headquartered firms
- Active firms and Asset Owner firms (including Quant and Hedge Funds)
- Firms and their representatives that have expertise in or actively contribute to European market structure discussions.
Why should your firm consider joining Plato as a buy-side founder member?
This is an opportunity for Buy-side firms to:
- have significant influence in shaping equities market structure developments. Plato, through its partnerships with industry leading providers, can deploy financial resource in the direction of preferred market structure topics to deliver solutions that address issues and opportunities in line with Plato objectives.
- broaden market structure knowledge through collaboration and insights regarding issues, references and ideas on a diverse range of topics
- build stronger industry relationships and extend networks with senior buy and sell-side industry participants and industry service providers
- gain first mover advantage in utilising Plato delivered capabilities.
As a Buy-side Founder Member, your firm will have a seat at the Plato board and vote in all board decision making relating to Plato activities. You firm will also have the opportunity to provide representatives to join the three core groups that drive Plato’s thought leadership for board decision making.
- Plato Strategic Initiatives Group aims to identify issues and opportunities to improve equity market structure and develop solutions in cooperation with industry providers that benefit all market participants.
- Plato’s Market Innovator (MI3) programme identifies and agrees market structure research topics and sponsors independent academic research to identify better ways of executing trades, lowering costs and improving the quality of processes required to support the execution lifecycle.
- Turquoise Plato Expert Group aims to deliver market model enhancements to improve equity block liquidity and deliver increased efficiencies in anonymous equity block trading.
Membership fee information: £5,000 p.a. plus VAT to contribute to the costs of administrating Plato.
Timeframes for indicating interest in becoming a Buy-side Founder member:
- Indications of interest open: Friday 1st April 2022
- Deadline for indications of interest to be received: n/a
- Please note that we expect the number of firms indicating their interest in becoming a buy-side founder member to exceed the limited number of seats available for new buy-side founder member firms therefore it is likely that not all firms indicating their interest will be able to be accepted as buy-side founder members (recognising the need to ensure efficient and effective governance and decision making). The Plato Board will decide on those firms that have been successful (based on objectively defined eligibility criteria) and firms will be notified by the Plato Executive Team in the week commencing Monday 6th June. Firms who are not appointed to the Plato board are able to apply to participate in Plato as Strategic Partners, as set out in detail below. The Plato Board will endeavour to review membership arrangements (including any limits imposed on the total number of board members) from time to time.
To indicate your interest in becoming a buy-side founder member please fill in the form below and we will be in touch shortly.